Monday, April 03, 2006

Etwas Übung

No lengthy updates tonight. It's almost 5am, and the sun rises in about an hour. Damn me for working nights so much. Ah well, at least tomorrow is my Saturday, even if I do have school.

I just had to gloat about an approach I shot in FS2002 to get my head back into instrument flying. I would like to preface this by saying that I do believe that even flight simulator "games" like MS Flight Simulator are great for practicing instrument procedures. Don't believe me? I'm a CFII. Whatever you say is wrong. ;)

Okay, in all seriousness, here's the approach I flew. It's the NDB-A into Falcon Field (KFFZ) in Phoenix, AZ. I haven't flown instruments in almost a year and a half, so I was pleased. Here's what it should look like:



Here's what I flew in the simulator, with a teardrop entry into the hold at AVENT:



I think this is all coming back easier than I thought it would. I'm psyched!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home