Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring break!

Wow, I can't believe I'm halfway done with CTI school. With all the ranting and raving that I do (I'm a pilot, it's what I do best), I've really had an interesting time here so far. There have been ups and downs, but it's all a means to an end I think.

I remember how freaked out I was when I first moved here from Arizona. Honestly, it reminded me of moving to college, the uhh, first time. Driving across the desert without a clue what was going to happen. I might have put up a front, but it's honestly a scary thing to do. The culture shock has been huge. But, I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have something to look forward to. Sometimes I get forgetful, but the only reason in the wold that I'm here is to work towards ATC.

I do have to say though...I think I have a bit of a case of OCD. With everything that's going on at work, I keep convincing myself that somehow the government is going to find me unsuitable for a security clearance, and all of what I'm doing here in LA is in vain. It's kind of an "ohmygodthey'regonnafindoutthatIgotwrittenupandIdon'tgetalongwith-mygeneralmanagerohmygodohmygodohmygod!" sorta thing. Of course, while I may have a couple issues at work, I've been a good boy overall. Nothing in my past would point to the idea that I'm untrustworthy or unreliable. I've never been in trouble with the law, never smoked dope, have a good group of friends, and have always given my employers notice (except once, but that's something I'll put on the SF86). If the government won't give a guy like me a security clearance, well, they can take their ATC job and shove it.

Okay, that's harsh. I guess I'm just trying to calm myself down. I'm still stressed out about what's happening in my workplace right now. Even though I still haven't sat down again with my general manager to hammer out a compromise for this bad secret shopper report (it's amazing the damage one guest can do in a corporate environment!), they're already taking action against me. I went into work today to check my schedule for the week after this one, and I've been cut down to two shifts that week. And, they're both non-closing lunch shifts, the least lucrative of them all. According to company procedures, I'm supposed to sign for any disciplinary action that results from a shopper report before it's taken. But guess what, they're taking action before I've signed anything. And still, I have no representation other than a couple associate managers that say that I do a good job, but are too scared to stand up for me with the GM.

I'm going in tomorrow to talk to the GM, so hopefully I'll be able to take a day or two of "retraining," let them sign their damn paperwork, and let me get back to work. Two shifts per week isn't going to put food on my table.

All of this is happening, and all that's supposed to happen to me is a slap on the wrist and a writeup. This is all making me sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home