Monday, February 06, 2006

Es endlich kommt

Well, I just received some good news a couple days ago from a professor at UAA (University of Alaska Anchorage) on the atccti.com message board. Apparently on friday afternoon, UAA received a notice from the FAA giving them the green-light to give the ATSAT to all CTI students graduating before June 30th, 2006. Of course this doesn't only apply to UAA. Mt. SAC students and graduates already in the FAA's testing database have begun getting notices to expect a test date within the next 45 days. I'll get the full scoop in class tomorrow I'm sure, but this ball is finally rolling. It also appears that most of us were wrong about the FAA's intentions to try to stick more people in the "B-scale" by cutting testing dates. It now seems as though the 1% budget cut taken across the board for FY2006 might have had a thing to do with it.

Now, unfortunately, I can't say for sure that I'll be able to take the ATSAT this time around. I'm graduating before June 30th of course, but I'm not on the FAA's testing list just yet. Last week we began sign-ups, but ran out of time in class to accomplish them. I'll be signed up fully tomorrow afternoon, but I hope that's not too late. I doubt it will be though, since there would be a LOT of people left in the cold if that were to happen. Then again, this is the FAA we're talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home