Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ich heiß einsamkeit

Well, I'm here. I got in yesterday afternoon to my new place in Rowland Heights, and so far so good. My new roommate seems pretty cool, which is a plus considering I didn't meet the guy beforehand. The place is also very nice, even though for $1200/month total, I could have rented a mansion in Prescott. Oh well. This is the LA area afterall.

School started today, and things are already going pretty well. I had AIRT41 and AERO29 today, and both courses look to be easy enough. AIRT41 is going to take a bit of study due to the fact that I'm going to have to learn how to identify a ton of different airplanes, but AERO29 is a joke. The people around me today were so appalled that I could bust out a quick summary of most parts of the FARs from memory. Of course I forgot a couple things like "national parks," but the main ones I could knock out easy enough.

There is one minor glitch in this whole one-semester deal though. Apparently the school is no longer accepting 6 students from the waitlist over the maximum registration amount. Apparently they used to allow a total of 42 students for each class (36 registered, 6 added from the waitlist...36+6), but they're now enforcing a 36+0 system. There are to be 36 students per class MAXIMUM. For AIRT43, that maximum number is 24.

So. Even though I'm #1 on the AIRT43 waitlist and considered myself a shoe-in, there's still the very real possibility that I won't get into the class. If nobody registered for the class decides to slack off and not show up, I'm scuh-rewed. Say that out loud. Scuh-rewed.

On the plus side, if even ONE person decides to not show up, I'm the guy that takes the spot. Let's hope we get some slackers. If I don't get the class, I'm here until October finishing up, instead of May. Nothing I can do about that.

I had to laugh about the school though. It's quite honestly a highschool with cigarettes. I really don't feel like I fit in here at all...

Oh, I should mention that I did go out with my new roommate and his friends to the "Yard House," which is a bar in Orange County with the largest selection of draft beers in the nation, or world, or something. I don't remember. Anyways, I had a pint of Spaten Oktoberfest, just for these girls:



Heil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home